Congratulations, you have your own business and now you need to get a presence on the world wide web. After all, a website is available 24/7 and is an excellent way to promote your business.
Before you start building your website (or asking around for a web designer) you really need to think about some basic ideas for what you want this website to do.
What’s it for?
- To show off my products or services?
Who are my target audience?
- Young, mature
- tech-savvy, technophobes
- businesses, general public?
Others finding/using my website?
- To find out more about my business – what information will they need to know?
- Will they want to buy direct from the website – how might they want to pay?
- What ways might they want to contact me?
How should it look?
- Business-like, fun & funky, minimalist, info-overload?
- Colours, fonts, icons, images?
- Keep in mind your target audience.
How to keep it up to date?
- That’s OK, I know some HTML so I can do that myself.
- Please would a web designer do it for me?
- Content management system (CMS) would be great.